Wednesday, August 02, 2006

riddle me this

its no secret that i'm not cool. my lack of knowledge of pop-culture, my love of npr and my complete disregard for fashion often lend me to being an outsider. maybe i'm just too overrun with logic to care. i wont spend $80 on a purse, period. now, every red (and blue) blooded american female seems to own a fancy vera bradley something. since these handmade-looking, quilted bags and purses hit the scene, i have been baffled as to their appeal. as any good church going southern girl can tell you, they look just like those hand-quilted bible covers your grandmother made and gave you for your 8th birthday. personally, i think that vera bradley must have grown up a good southern baptist. she got a good deal on all the left over quilted-bible-cover-making material, made a few purses, sent them to a few hollywood socialites (who obviously did not grow up good southern church goers), and voila! instant fashion trend. everytime i see someone carrying one, i want to ask them if they keep their precious moments bible in there. you tell me.
vera bradley









bible covers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... that is EXACTLY what i've always thought about the vera bradley bags. plus, i didn't even know what a "vera bradley bag" WAS until waaaay into the trend. needless to say, i do not own one of these bags... not that i'm opposed to them or anything, but instead of paying $100 for one, i could just call my grandma and have her whip me one up in a couple of days. plus, i could really use one of those crocheted toilet paper roll covers that looks like a southern belle.

also... Precious Moments ROCKS!!

Kristina said...

Ok
#1 Heather is very cool, sassy, social and an avid NPR listener (which most of my cool friends are).

#2 I am not so cool, not as social or sassy, nor an avid NPR listener and I have a Vera Bradley Wallet which I love (the first real wallet I have ever used.

So what does this mean? Maybe Vera Bradley stuff isn't that cool.

PS. I have a quilt on my bed, a quilted wallet, but no history of a quilted bible covering.

Madam Mim said...

lol!!! DUDE! my grandma never gave me a cover for my light pink precious moments bible!! I am jealous!!!