Thursday, October 05, 2006

back my semi-popular demand

i know, i know. i've read all (both) of your comments and emails. my adoring fans (all two of you). kristina and miriam, i know that both of you deserve more. and i hate that i have let you down. please accept my humblest apologies. so what's been going on the past errr... month or so?

yes, as if you didnt know, there is a man in my life. and no, its not murray, my dad or luke. you know, the usual suspects. for years i've fluctuated between bitter, yet empowered, independent woman and weeping, depressed, lonely spinster. especially after my life partner moved away to pursue her dream of law school (like i could let my selfish love for her stand in her way), i struggled with the depths of loneliness unlike anything i've ever known. i went off in angry tirades at many happily married friends who said obnoxious things like "it will happen when you least expect it". even still makes my skin crawl.

well, things are a little different now. about 2 months ago erik called me for luke's new phone number. you see, i've known erik for years, a childhood friend of luke, our paths crossed every few years or so. about 2 years ago luke and i went to miami for a football game and i developed a full out crush on the boy. while we got a long well just hanging out, he was otherwise completely disinterested. oh well. since august 11, things have snowballed beyond either of our belief. 7 hours a night on the phone of endless laughter arguing over who is the biggest geek, which star trek series is supreme and how to deal with people who take themselves too seriously led us both to believe that perhaps we've met our match. i had a long time ago given up on anything "magic" or even romantic. conceding that someone who wanted the same things in life and was willing merely to put up with me would have to be enough. i figured no one would ever find me beautiful, or laugh at my nacho cheese joke, much less, both. i was even sort of looking forward to my "i'm-30-and-still-single-so-fuck-you birthday party". i'm not calling off the birthday party just yet, but i'm going to hang on to the deposit for the band and tent rental for now. just until we see where things are heading. and i promise, i'm not moving to west palm beach. no way, my hair can't handle the humidity here, can you imagine the fro i'd have in florida?

speaking of birthdays. the cutest/craziest puppy in the whole world turned 4 last sunday and luke turns 28 today. my, my, my, they grow up so fast.

6 comments:

Madam Mim said...

awww.... :) so sweet. You do realize that now YOU are one of those people that make ME want to vomit, right? :) I still love you.... even if I am the only one throwing a I-just-turned-30-and-I'm-sill-single-so-go-fuck-yourself birthday bash....

Kristina said...

I second that awwww. I believe in karma and it has finally caught up to you. 7 hours on the phone, OMG, you two are too cute, no, I take that back, there is no such a thing. You keep being the cute superhero you are. Will Erik be joining us in the blog world? Then you'd have 3 of us itching for new posts.

Anonymous said...

just because i haven't left a comment doesn't mean i haven't secretly looked for a new post several times a week for the past month. Glad to see my favorite charlottite (charlotan?) has returned to the blog with such happy news:)

Anonymous said...

yeah, i also mentioned the pro-longed absence of my favorite superhero on your myspace page, so there... that makes, like, four of us. anyhow, YAY! for in-love-heather... and i haven't heard the nacho cheese joke...

Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else. And you are always so good at dropping (blatant) hints that I should post...I checked for new posts on your blog regularly. Promise. And this is a very pleasant turn of events. I hope more posts are forthcoming? Perhaps even some pictures?

Becky Hubbell said...

So, I'm insulted not to be counted in on the people who TRY to keep up with you. That makes like 5 I think. It would be nice if you at least answered some emails!! You can still type while you are talking for hours on the phone. Come on, you aren't 30 yet, can't you multitask girlfriend???
Really glad for you & a great big AWWWWWWWWWW all the way from Hong Kong - and NO my eyes are not slanting yet, but I got a hair cut & the got all of the curls out & made it darker, so the transformation is beginning.
love you