Thursday, April 13, 2006

so betty

tlmc used to tell me that i could wear big jewelry because i had a big personality. hmm... not sure exactly how to take that. regardless, most of my collection is big and funky. so today i was feeling saucy--must be the warm weather... or the extra dose of allergy medicine i treated myself to this morning. so along with my very white button down shirt, black pants and favorite work shoes. i put on this little treasure. its made from kikui nuts. i bought it from an old man and his daughter camped on a secluded beach in kona hawaii. i wore it to stonewall, where one of the little darlings said i looked so betty. i said "thanks, i think". and he said "yeah for real like betty rubble from the flinstones". well, obviously he meant wilma. but whatever.

<-- not as good at taking fancy pictures of myself as fancy celeste.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love the story about the neckless. Happy Easter

tara said...

Beautiful necklace! I have a similar one in brown (sans swirls) and matching bracelets. My acquisition of these treasures wasn't nearly as glamorous - the 3 for $10 deal at The Body Shop in the mall. You must check that out. You should be able to find it by the stiletto heels and midriff-baring tops glowing at the front of the store.