Wednesday, February 01, 2006

sugar and spice

i've recently learned that my readership is much larger than my precious commenters. a shout out to my fans who haven't yet graced us with their comments. kristin friend in the windy city, or should i say "big gastonia", lauren hill proudly in blue heaven, heath cartee who protects the city of pleasant living, and there's ian, lane and whoever else is out there.

sunday i visited my grandfolk in clover, sc. i found out something a little disturbing. my great grandmother got married when she was 14 and great uncle lacy came only a year later. eek! my grandmother got married at 16, and of course my mom got married at 18. i am severely under-performing. to this, i say- oh well.

last night was eventful. i actually went out. i know, and on a week night? *gasp* thats ok, i'm sure my social life is about to come to a screeching halt once the new jobs starts, friday. :)
so peyton, from my old job, invited me to go to cabo fish taco for dinner and then to see her roommate play at the evening muse. i feel bad because peyton asks me to go out with her like every week and i always say no, its usually places not really my style. so being a big fan of cabo and the muse, i agreed to go. she aslo said "bring whoever" (trying to pack the house so her roommate can pay rent, no doubt). i invited kristina and tripp. kristina sadly couldn't make it, she's a teacher, they have a lot of shit to do. tee nat whined because he was afraid he was going to be the only boy there and not know anyone. i assured him that the only person i knew was peyton and told him not to be afraid of strangers. well, scott (from the band) joined us for dinner but had to peace out early. somewhere around the third el cheapo margarita (no really, thats what its called) tee nat realized that he was sitting with 5 cute females. it most definitely looked like a meeting of the tee nat fan club, to which he commented "i wish everyone i knew would walk in right now". the conversation was lively, from ultrasound machines and gyno's to insulin pumps and choo choo trains (one of the girls, amy, she's a train conductor, but she was a little scary). by the end of the night leigh and peyton were practically begging tee nat to go a cruise with them in may. he's such a pimp.

so today is the first day of february. crazy huh? i think im going to do my taxes today, you know, make myself feel important. oh and if anyone has a graphing calculator lying around, can i borrow it? i need one for class. i haven't seen mine in years, but i'd rather not spend $100 on one. ok, and brrr, its cold outside. i think its time for my morning nap.

ciao!

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Boy it sounds like I missed out. I'm glad you guys had fun. Remember me next time, maybe I won't be such a dedicated teacher then.

Shannon Paris, Marketing Director/Realtor said...

Morning nap? I'm so jealous, I miss college, but I love working overtime and making the big bucks, but I soooo miss nap times in college more!

Anonymous said...

Now see if I would quit practicing from time to time and actually hang out in NoDa instead of just living here I might be the guy sitting at a table full of cute girls. I read somewhere that most people in entertainment and politics are actually very introverted and shy...I can belive that. Ok, performing for a few hundred or a few thousand extremely judgemental people, got to go practice.

Kristina said...

Who is this anonymous male? We need a little more testosterone around here.

Madam Mim said...

hope you have a wonderful FIRST DAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have graphing calculator, will loan. When do you need it?

Anonymous said...

P.S. Hi that was me.