Tuesday, October 18, 2005

we can maaaaaaake it

so it started out being a pretty crappy day. step-dad went into the hospital at 2:00am with kidney failure, got into a large um, disagreement with my supervisor, and other small aggravations just grew. i was just about at my breaking point when i called my dad and asked him to take me out to lunch. we went to a little greek owned place, crown point restaurant on sardis road. after some yummy chicken orzo soup, i regrouped for the day. just before we left, i noticed a vaguely familiar face walk by, and a sugary sweet, ear piercing voice said, "thank you honey" behind me. i turned around to see none other than tammy faye bakker messner. i giggled, star-struck. without a second thought, i stood up, walked over and introduced myself. i felt as if i had more legitimacy than the average intrigued passer-by, and pointed out to her that i attended middle and high school at heritage academy (which later became crown christian academy after the whole scandal thing, i didn't feel it was necessary to bring up that incident). [here for a then picture or here for a now picture]

i even tried to give myself more validity by telling her that my uncle had been her diamond broker for about 15 years, and that she sent my paw paw (grandfather) a card when he was in the hospital. at that point, she stood up and said "my god, you're one of my children!". oh yikes! i don't know if that's what i was going for. but now, after all the excitement, i have to reflect... you never know what will brighten your day if you let it.

and to answer the question on everyone's mind, yes she really does wear that much make-up.

2 comments:

Heather said...

yes, boo to everyone who didn't leave me fun comments!

really, tammy is quite personable in real life.

yay for powerball at $365 mil!
maybe the state of florida should buy a few tickets, they're going to need them after hurricane wilma. yikes!

Madam Mim said...

I love Tammy Faye... she really won me over on the Sureal Life... :)

Boo to big, nasty hurricanes...

Yea to cancelling classes in Florida on Monday?!