Saturday, December 31, 2005

starting over

in the true spirit of the new year, i thought i’d post some resolutions. first honoring my favorite resolution-maker, bridget jones.

“1: uggg - will obviously loose 20 lbs. #2: always put last night's panties in the laundry basket. Equally important: will find nice sensible boyfriend and stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts. Will especially stop fantasizing about a particular person who embodies all these things.”... (ok well maybe a sexaholic wouldn't be so bad... as long as he was faithful... ) :)


a few of my own resolutions… trying desperately to avoid things like “lose weight” and “find a boyfriend” (although those are always top of the list, i don’t want to set myself up for disappointment).

1. make financially responsible decisions
2. find a new job (and fast)
3. realize that i am not defined by my job
4. spend time volunteering for something i feel strongly about, but not related to work
5. realize i am not defined by relationship status
6. wash my face every night before bed
7. spend more time reading than watching tv
8. learn to stand up for myself and say no
9. be more physically active
10. make new friends

on an unrelated note... what will you do with your leap second?

happy new year everyone!

14 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow, I would like to do 80% of your list(I already say no and wash my face). Happy New Year Heather!

Heather said...

im just glad i have tomorrow off too.
so did yahoo astrology really say i'm in for good things this year? sweeeeet.
well if you already wash your face every night and know how to say no when people ask you do to stuff, you're way ahead of me.
happy new year everyone!

Heather said...

yes, but will the sex be good with my "real honest to goodness emotional connection"?
and i'm encouraged about the career part... *fingers crossed*

Kristina said...

So Heather's frisky.

Heather said...

yes, kristina, always. being the president of the nga club is not all its cracked up to be.

so kristina, what are your resolutions? maybe get a blog? :)

well celeste, quick, go check and see how "feral" was used.

Kristina said...

Hmm my own blog, it doesn't sound that crazy anymore. Maybe sometime soon I'll set one up. Thanks for the idea. I don't have any official resolutions of my own, I was hoping to steal some of yours.

Heather said...

aw, i'm flattered.

Madam Mim said...

I agree. My NEW Year's resolutions include: 17. Don't go to bed with my make-up on unless engaging in resolution # 13 - Get laid on a regular basis by a guy I’m actually attracted to, who likes to eat pussy and cuddle.

Madam Mim said...

can I say eat P@$$# on here???

Heather said...

of course dear! i miss you!

Heather said...

please don't be pessimistic, its been a rough year. while mourning the leaving of my life partner, tlmc (to return to law school), i'm also recovering from a lovely new year's cold. work has also been a real roller coaster (and not even the fun kind), my poor little jr. world savers feel abandoned, one of them even threatening to quit.

so fight the good fight, so that all things shiny, happy and generally optimistic may prevail.

love always,
tcf

Heather said...

impressive! and i am most thankful, now you can concentrate on my important things like helping me find a job and a boyfriend.

tlp, that makes me laugh. how is he doing?

Unknown said...

I'm going to SLEEP ;)

Heather said...

kristiesue, who are you?