Thursday, January 05, 2006

back by popular demand...

so happy new year! *coughs* (takes a swig of nyquil)

*sigh*
in case you haven't heard as of friday, january 13 i no longer work at the regional hiv/aids consortium. in a toxic mix of funding issues, mismanagement, and general unhappiness... its the best move for me right now. i dont have any concrete plans, but im diligently applying for jobs and looking for odds and ends to pay the bills.

early tuesday morning, miriam left. it made me really sad. we didnt live like rock stars or anything while she was here, but i was so happy that she was with me. i was so content just sitting talking to her for hours. conversations like we used to have every day, but have been absent for months now. i miss her a lot. i hope she comes back more often, it feels better when we're together. and i want to meet this casey guy (aka miriam's sweet baboo, yes that's her in the picture). by the way, she's also now ranked like 3rd in the first year law school student class at florida state. i'm so proud.

one of my jr. world savers is quitting and that makes me sad. i've done a lot of damage control trying to keep the rest of the team from falling to pieces. i become very invested in them, not just as a program, but emotionally invested in them as individuals.

so with all of this chaos one might ask me how i can still champion the cause of optimism. well, mostly because i choose to. i believe part of being liberated includes exercising to the greatest extent possible, personal choice over all situations. i dont like the way it feels when i feel oppressed by my context, so i choose to have the power over it, and if i cant change or control it, i can change how i respond to it so that it doesnt make me sad. so do i totally sound like a self-help book or what? i'm ok with that. i believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and i this time, i dont think its a train.

news flash: t-nat is no longer in hiding. the cia/nsa/gop/etc. have been evaded.

and mccamy (the roommate) finally got her diamond ring. i'm trying to be a good person, she told me she was worried i'd be mad at her. i told her not to take it personally, i'm just bitter.

5 comments:

Madam Mim said...

Well, thanks for the props/love!!! I had a wonderful time with you too!!! I really had missed our talks about life, love and everything in-between... you better not get a job soon so you can come visit me!!!! :)

Kristina said...

I think it takes a lot of courage and strength to care so much about others. Don't give up the good fight.

Heather said...

thank you everyone for your kind words. (and welcome back harper!) a most fabulous thing happened today when my student loan deposit appeared in my checking account! yay! i can pay my mortgage and eat!... at least for a few months...

Madam Mim said...

Heather!! this is the catfish alliance's webpage... there are 3 songs on there.. my favorite is kindhearted advances.. its totally the story of my life...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42879416

Madam Mim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.