Wednesday, January 25, 2006

better than rain

today i took my drug test for my new job. its hard to pee in a cup with someone watching. that was not fun. i am getting really excited about the job though, but its going to be hard to give up all of this freedom. i start next friday, 2/3. and all of a sudden i'm realizing that i haven't done all of the home improvement projects i wanted to get done on my little vacation. why did i have to be so damn ambitious?

tlmc's post about how boys don't like smart girls came true in vivid color tonight. i was watching abc around 8:45pm (so as not to miss even the first second of lost) and on whatever new goobery show they have on now, one of the characters actually said:

"who would want to date a smart girl anyway? they're too much work. let's say you put your hand on a smart girl's ass, she's going to start asking you all sorts of annoying questions like 'why the hell is your hand on my ass?' whereas if you put your hand on a dumb girl's ass and tell her you want to be an astronaut, bam! you're in".

sigh.

on a more encouraging note, im feeling more and more empowered everyday. its coming out in little ways. i finished a book, i've officially rid myself of one very unhealthy relationship, i confronted someone who was getting on my nerves and i recently told someone who asked me to do something for them, no. oh and i'm making some new friends. ;)

those of you have known me a while will appreciate this story. a dear friend of mine, aaron parker, called me today. he and his partner keith recently bought a house together and were out celebrating at eddie's neighborhood bar. while they were there aaron noticed an um, old boyfriend of mine, paul (aka pinochipaul or rumplestiltspaul) working in the kitchen. despite paul's best efforts to avoid eye contact, aaron eventually said, "hey paul, remember me from g-dubb? i was good friends with heather". aaron said that all of the blood drained out of paul's face. so aaron, being the good friend he is said "yeah too bad you didnt marry her, she's doing awesome, she's hot and loaded". i love having gay guy friends.

random: there is a new movie coming out and its about gastonia, nc. go figure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, boys don't like smart girls and honestly society is only making it worse. But I refuse to make myself sound dumber just to soothe the ego of some guy.

Kristina said...

Gay guy friends rock! I miss Steven.

Madam Mim said...

*rolling my eyes* it must be such a burden to be so much smarter than everyone else.... :)

I agree that men do not like smart women...the law school guys, particularly the good looking ones, all go after the ditzy little undergrads...I think they like to feel smart and in control...

As for the Paul situation - hahaha...go Aaron P!!!!!

Kristina said...

T's being honest. There are exceptions to every general rule.

Madam Mim said...

I was just teasing!! I am glad to hear that there is at least one man out there who likes smart girls... I'm still just bitter about my brutal bar trivia loss...

Heather said...

aw, tlmc you're a good person. i heart you ;)