Tuesday, January 10, 2006

i dont understand... the start of a revolution


im so frustrated, i dont even know where to start. ive been fumbling over the words to this post for hours now. and this is all i have. friday is my last day at the this job and i want to walk away and never look back. i dont understand why boys are so mean and hateful. spent probably a grand total of 3 or 4 hours on the phone with tlmc last night, mostly just me sobbing, wondering why my life is falling apart. aside from work and my relationship with my mom and everything else, mims comforted me by concluding that there are two types of boys. type 1, we will call lane or travis: this is the most common type, only interested in sex, will exhibit manipulative behavior to get what he wants. failure to comply results in pouting, arguing or insulting indifference. out of a desire for attention or to feel wanted, women will sometimes engage in the "game" whether or not they comply with the ultimate request. type 2, the casey or jason: this type is quick to develop a "friendship" based on the female's ability to satisfy some type of emotional or intellectual need for the male. if the female mentions that she is interested in more than a platonic friendship, the male often responds in a way that while masked by the appearance of noble sincerity, is ultimately heart breaking. the "i just want to be friends" card. this roughly translates means "i want to sleep with other people (i.e. 18 or 43 year olds), without any emotional attachment and continue to exploit you and your feelings for me to meet my needs".

my eyes are swollen and burning from last night's sobfest. i plan to muster up all my energy and make some new resolutions... later. for now i will drown myself in what needs to be done here at work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the two distinct types of guys you've stated and know several who fit into either category. The mere fact that such categories exist proves that guys suck.

Only an hour away if you need me.

Madam Mim said...

wow... you did an amazing job articulating the two types of men! Bravo... I hope you are feeling better... I wish i had more words of wisdom to offer; however, as you may know, I am not that wise :).... I am going to do a little introspective detective work to uncover why I was not upset when I saw C kissing the girl I suspected he was with on Friday. In fact, as of the last few days my feelings for C have greatly dissipated and I am unsure as to how this has happened, particularly without any kind of emotional upheaval. If I figure anything useful out I will let you know... Oh and fyi - I am 4th in my class of almost 300!!! What up, bitches!!!

Kristina said...

Boys?! There is comfort in knowing we are not alone in our frustration with them. Thank goodness for our girl friends for sympathizing and keeping us sane.

Madam Mim said...

well, tee-nat, all men fall within one of the classes, or they are gay... SO, you pick :) I hope LOST was good... sadness...I am in the middle of stupid con law reading and was unabe to watch it. Hopefully someone, somewhere will catch me up on all the fun details...